Palanga Public Library was founded on March 15 1937. The first director of the Library was writer Butkų Juzė. There have been many substantial political, economic and historical changes over a long period in Lithuania. Palanga is a summer resort, so it is very important to collect documents about its history, famous people, so as to provide a possibility for holidaymakers, tourists and library visitors to learn about the history, heritage and culture, unique nature and current situation of the town.
Palanga City municipal public library has light and cosy facilities for children. The exposition of the art exhibition hall is changed every month. The library offers to its visitors a rich publication fund for adults and children, a wide range of periodicals, electronic catalogues, information databases, local collection, internet access, various events, computer literacy training courses and professional, kind and well-cultured service. Palanga City municipal public library has two branches – Children's Literature Section "Gintaras" and Šventoji Library branch.
Palanga City municipal public library is a modern public institution open to everybody and oriented to information and cultural needs of various social groups.
- Borrowing books for children and adults
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, reference books
- Electronic catalogs and databases
- Book Exhibitions
- Public internet access, wireless Internet
- Answering to queries
- Computer literacy training
- Cultural, literary events, art exhibitions
- Thematic periodical publications about Palanga
- City Archive of Periodicals, photo archyve of Palanga
- LIBIS Reader Card
- Black and white copying and printing of documents
- Colored copying, printing of documents
- Scanning of text/visual documents
- Interlibrary loan services are provided
If you need assistance, consult a library staff member. You may also submit your enquiries using "Ask a Librarian" service.
Opening hoursMonday – Friday 10-19
On Sunday library is closed
Palanga City municipal public library is closed on public holidays. The opening hours are one hour shorter on a day before a public holiday. The last working day of each month the library does not serve visitors.PALANGA CITY MUNICIPAL PUBLIC LIBRARY
Address: Vytauto g. 61, Palanga LT-00134
Tel. +370 460 49445
e-mail: [email protected]